Every week or so, we find 5 useful, funny or strange links and share them. Because we find the internet pretty distracting.
- Edgar Allen Poe Perfume: Sweet Tea Apothecary has a perfume called Lenore, inspired by lines from Poe's famous poem, The Raven. From the product listing: "Lenore smells like dried roses, a slowly dying ember of incense, ghostly whispers, and a bittersweet sense of loss."
- Inspiration Encyclopedia: Uppercase is launching a new series of visual encyclopedias. First issue is on the glorious patterns of vintage feedsacks! (You can read about the history of feedsacks here.)
- How to design happiness: Happiness isn't something we feel in the moment, but recognize after the fact. How do brands go about creating it?
- 2016 is hot: There is a 99% chance that 2016 will be the hottest year on record.
- The virtues of pen and paper: Fall in love with your chicken scratch.