Every week or so, we find 5 creative, thought-provoking or weird links. And share them with you. Because the internet is a constant distraction.
- Real Life Monsters: UK-based artist Toby Allen has an ongoing series of illustrations to reduce the stigma around mental illness. He's created monsters for each affliction, like depression, anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder.
- Lessons in Death: A year after her husband’s tragic accident, Sheryl Sandberg addressed the 2016 graduating class of University of California at Berkeley with some lessons about grief, resilience and gratitude.
- Dillon's Voice: [VIDEO] In honor of Autism Acceptance Month, Apple created a pair of ads showing the transformative power of technology in the lives of people who struggle to communicate.
- The Present: [VIDEO] The world’s first 365 day timepiece, this colorful clock is a different way to measure time. By thinking of the passage of seasons rather than minutes or hours, days or weeks, we can be a little more present each day, because time isn’t actually running out. The successful Kickstarter project is now sold at MoMa in Tokyo, NYC and online.
- OstrichPillow: Clearly we are all soooo tired. But this clever pillow is here to save us. Just stick your head inside (and your hands too if you want) and have a nap anywhere: your desk, at the park, on the floor, on the bus.