Every week or so, we find useful, funny or strange links and share them. Because we find the internet pretty distracting. Here's this week's 5:
- Headspace: [VIDEO] Andy Puddicombe talks about taking just 10 minutes a day to have a healthier mind. The app, Headspace, is available on iOS and Android.
- Ancestral Slumber - Before indoor lighting, our ancestors preferred to divide their nightly zzz's in two parts. That wakeful period in the middle was seen as a golden time for creative thinking.
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: From the creators of Timbuktu comes a new book planning to reinvent fairy tales with the true life stories of 100 women who changed the world. Now on Kickstarter.
- Invisible Faces: NYPD's Missing Squad is using customized mannequins to draw attention to missing persons cases.
- Perfectly German: There are lot of funny videos where the German language is (good-naturedly?) mocked, but Buzzfeed shows us 21 fantastic German words that we totally need in English. Stat.