Every week or so, we find 5 interesting, useful or curious links and share them. Because we find the internet pretty distracting.
- Think Outside the Box: Freelance designer Corina shares her tips for staying true to yourself while constantly pushing your boundaries as a designer.
- Hand-Animated: While hand-animated feature films are not necessarily breaking news when hailing from the US or Japan, 25 year old animator Usman Riaz wants to put his own country on the map. If he succeeds, it will be Pakistan’s first fully hand-animated feature film. Support The Glassworker, now on Kickstarter.
- Handwritten spreadsheet: How J.K. Rowling organized major plots in Harry Potter.
- Creative Sabbatical: Former advertising creatives Chanel Cartell and Stevo Dirnberger were inspired to take time off after hearing Stefan Sagmeister speak about the power of sabbaticals. They blog about their adventures at How Far from Home.
- What Design Can Do: Partnering with UNHCR and IKEA Foundation, What Design Can Do has launched a global design challenge focussed on overcoming the challenges refugees face in urban centres.