Every week or so, we find 5 interesting, fun or curious links and share them. Because we find the internet pretty distracting.
- Slow Journalism: To fight against an "ultra-fast news cycle" that "values being first over being right", the quarterly magazine Delayed Gratification is proud to be "last to breaking news".
- We Owe it to the Vikings: Words we wouldn’t have today if we hadn’t stole them from Old Norse.
- New Year, New Barbie?: There’s a new Barbie in town. Many in fact, including 4 body types, 7 skin tones, 24 hairstyles and 22 eye colours.
- Empowerment Plan: Veronika Scott designed special coats that transform into sleeping bags for the homeless as part of a product design class. Then a homeless person told her it wasn’t enough.
- Is NYC losing is lustre?: When Slate announced their planned move to Brooklyn, they stated “New York's creative class no longer lives in Manhattan”. If that's true, is NYC no longer an inspiring or affordable place to live/work?