Every week or so, we find 5 interesting, fun or curious links and share them. Because we find the internet pretty distracting.
- Psychedelics as Medicine: Research into psilocybin (aka magic mushrooms) as treatment for anxiety, addiction and end-of-life transitions, like terminal cancer, is producing amazing results.
- OED Timeline Challenge: For the copywriters among us. Do you know when these words were added to the English language?
- Crave More from Your Books: A new app called Crave allows readers a more immersive and digital experience while reading, including "enriching" texts and videos from key characters in the book. As if they were real people who knew them. I thought the point of reading was to get away from all that?
- 12 Kinds of Kindness: Can you become a kinder person? Jessica Walsh and Timothy Goodman, they of 40 Days of Dating fame, are back with a new website, detailing their year-long self-experimentation with empathy.
- Death as Art: Consummate artist David Bowie, throughout his entire career, pushed all our uncomfortable buttons, like gender identity and sexual orientation and equality. Now his death, which followed his last album by mere days, may be teaching us how to look at our own ends in a new way. The Guardian had a less science-fictiony take on the same thing.