Every week or so, we find 5 thought-provoking, curious or fun links. And share them with you. Because we find the internet pretty distracting.
- Creativity Hearts Nostalgia: Scientists have found that nostalgia can provide a powerful creative boost. Bring on the home movies.
- Design Seeds: Beautiful color palettes, found in the natural world, ready and willing to provide you with color inspiration. Now taking photo submissions via Instagram.
- Making Takes Time: Uppercase Magazine features Marthe Armitage, an ocotgenarian wallpaper designer based in the UK who designs and prints wallpaper by hand on a century old lithographic press. Don't miss the lovely YouTube video near the end of the post where she makes an argument for handwork, saying “You’ve got time to think and one idea grows out of another.”
- Sceneframing: Two friends have travelled the world, using locations in popular movies and TV shows plus a tablet to create what they call "scene frames" - scene stills on a tablet held in front of the real-life location.
- Pressing On: A feature-length documentary that’s been fully funded on Kickstarter aims to answer the question: Why hasn’t Letterpress died?