Each week, we find 5 fun, quirky or thought-provoking links. And share them with you. Because we find the internet pretty distracting.
- Teaching Our Girls To Fight: Eugene Robinson explains how enrolling his girls in martial arts training gives them a fighting chance.
- The Hairy Secret to Flying Like a Bat: Scientists have discovered it’s the tiny hairs on a bat’s wings that help them nimbly manouevre their way through the darkness.
- Spring Cleaning Tips: Time to purge last season’s questionable fashion choices from your wardrobe (and those things that no longer fit).
- The Origin of the 8 Hour Work Day: 8-hour workdays were born out of the boom in factory work during the Industrial Revolution. However, do they still make sense in a creative economy?
- My One True Bra: With this ad, a bra manufacturer equates a Disney Princess's search for her Prince Charming with a modern woman’s search for the perfect bra.