Well, 2016 was something, eh? We spent a little time on the internet decompressing to find you these 5 links. And a unicorn pic, because unicorns are full of goodness. Best wishes for 2017! (Please be good, please be good!)
- Medium’s Best Design Articles 2016: It's the new year and we're not quite awake. Time to catch up on some reading?
- World’s Ugliest Color: Baby shit brown, as it’s been called around here since the cray days of print catalogs. And this, if you just can't get enough.
- Mermaids Hate Plastic: Canadian photographer Von Wong was compelled to act when he realized that not only do plastic bottles take an insane 450 years to decompose but that by 2050, there might be more plastic in the oceans than fish.
- Most Notable Projects of 2016: Another year, another best of list. BrandNew ran a multi-part series on best & worst identities of 2016. Fave quote: “…we got some rare insight into How Not to Design Identities 101, with a controlling CEO and weekend work sessions in full display”.
- What Makes Things Cool: Make it new, but not new.