Every week or so, we find 5 curious, thought-provoking or fun links. And share them with you. Because the internet is a constant distraction.
- Interracial Families: Old Navy tweeted about an upcoming sale and the internet blew up. And not in a good way. But, in the end, #LoveWins.
- Clear Your Mind, Clear Your Desk: Author Francine Joy gives tips on cleaning the monstrosity that is our workspace and boosting our productivity in the process. (I like the part that claims a messy desk is a sign of genius. Validation!) Her new book, Joy of Less, is out now.
- Speechless with Carly Fleischmann: [VIDEO] Can you have a talk show if you can't talk? Carly Fleischmann thinks so. The 21-year old Canadian just launched her own YouTube channel to become the first talk show host with autism and she's so funny.
- Feeding the 5000: On May 10, a day long food event in NYC will feed 5,000 people using perfectly fresh, edible and healthy food that would normally have been tossed into landfills.
- Remote Year: Given that it's possible to work almost any job from almost anywhere in the world, a group of complete strangers decided on a bold social experiment: combine work and travel, in 12 different cities, for an entire year. Here's what happened.