Every week or so, we find 5 curious, fun or maybe useful links and share them. Because we find the internet terribly distracting.
- My Beautiful Broken Brain: [VIDEO] In 2011, filmmaker Lotje Sodderlund suffered a haemorrhagic stroke at the age of 34. When she woke up, her speech and writing were unintelligible and she was frequently confused. The documentary of her recovery, featured at several film festivals last year (and executive produced by David Lynch) will begin streaming globally on Netflix on March 18. The Guardian published an essay by Sodderlund in 2014.
- Going to the birds: Workers restoring a 15-century church in Russia found lots of old birds nests under the roof. What’s neat is that scraps of ephemera from periods of Russian history were found amongst the bits of bones and shells, including banknotes, 18th century manuscripts and bills of sale.
- No Pain: How doctors take women’s pain less seriously than men's.
- Good Morning?: New research by genetic DNA company 23andMe reveals that our genes may have much to do with whether we're a morning person or a night owl.
- Your Obsession with Adult Coloring Books: Can't stop coloring? Here are the ancient origins of your newest obsession.