Each week, we find 5 fun, quirky or dare-we-say useful links. And share them with you. Because we find the internet pretty distracting.
- The graphic design of film props for The Imitation Game: Firm re-creates Alan Turing's sketches, plus newspaper clippings, posters, books and ephemera of World War II and the post-war years for the movie.
- To Stand or Not to Stand? The jury may still be out on the healthiest way to have a desk job, but I've got my eye on this DIY standing desk for the home office. Handy PDF plans are available too. (A treadmill desk is so not going to happen.)
- Confessions of a Photo Retoucher: With unaltered photos of celebrities, like Cindy Crawford and Beyoncé, recently leaked, it's no wonder the conversation is turning towards the smoke and mirrors of photo retouching in advertising.
- How People Photoshopped Before Photoshop: And of course, you don't need software to retouch images. 100 years of manipulating images the hard way.
- A 100-year-old Mystery surrounding this Lovely Typeface: Metal typeface found in the Thames by divers after extensive forensic research by designer.