Getting into the holiday spirit? Help your clients reach their target audience effectively with these 7 key visual trends for the upcoming holiday season.
Overall, the buzzword for this season is authenticity. Whether they favor a classic, modern or vintage aesthetic, growing concerns over the environment as well as rising interest in minimalist living are coalescing in consumer desire for a more authentic and *real* holiday season.
1. Handcrafted for the holidays? For holiday decor as well as gifts and gift wrap, the DIY vibe is still going strong this year. Either very modern and minimalist or traditional and rustic, handcrafting personalizes a season that has been over-commercialized for decades.
2. Vintage all the way! Bright jewel tones and cool pastels alike make a huge comeback with this look—as long as it has the vintage vibe. Connoisseurs of this style hunt year round for real vintage holiday decor, like glass ornaments, toys and wooden sleds and collect their pieces carefully over the years.
3. Animals #FTW: from foxes and squirrels to bears and deer. Woodland creatures have captured our attention for a couple of years now, but there’s a more streamlined modern look this year.
4. Light it up: Mini-lights can be found everywhere, especially in glass bowls and vintage mason jars. It’s a way to get that shimmer of yesteryear with the modern efficiency of LEDs.
5. All that glitters: Mixed metals continue to dazzle. While yellow gold is making a big comeback after years of giving way to silver, interest in other metals, like brass and blanched copper, is on the rise.
7. A bit of whimsy: DIY advent calendars have made big waves on Pinterest now for a couple of seasons, but this trend is still growing. These charming calendars allow for a bit of whimsy and a way to personalize space with unique pieces.
Whatever holiday consumers celebrate at this time of the year, the desire for a beautiful personalized space where they can reconnect with friends and family over the holiday season is universal.